Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the ExtremeGB group of websites. Please read these conditions carefully.
These terms and conditions apply to the use of this Website and by accessing this Website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not use or access this Website.
Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions, please contact our Customer Service team by email, or call us on 0160 430 0127. Both inbound and outbound calls may be recorded for quality monitoring and training purposes.
ExtremeGB Ltd trades on its website using the trading name outdoorgb.com (referred to below as "The Website"). These Terms and Conditions set out the terms by which we undertake to conduct our business and the conditions with which all visitors and customers agree to adhere.
- Conditions – means these terms and conditions and the Special Conditions
- Product – means a product displayed for sale on the Website
- Product Description – means that part of the Website where certain terms and conditions in respect of the individual Product are provided
- Special Conditions – means the terms and conditions in the Product Description
- Users – means the users of the Website collectively
- Personal Information – means the details provided by you when you register or interact with us
- We/us – means ExtremeGB Ltd
- Website – means the website located at www.outdoorgb.com or any subsequent URL which may replace or join it
- Cookies – means small text files which our Website places on your computer's hard drive to store information about your shopping session and to identify your computer
- United Kingdom – means England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands
- You – means a user of this Website.
Use of the Website
You are provided with access to this Website in accordance with these Conditions and any orders placed by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these Conditions.
You warrant that:
- The Personal Data which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and
- You will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Data by updating these details on your online account.
You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information.
We reserve the right to:
- modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
- change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
Third party links
To provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
When you use our website, you'll see that we offer you recommendations, showing products we think you might like and could perhaps miss when you're browsing the site.
Please see our Privacy Notice if you'd like more information on how we use your personal data to recommend products to you.
Privacy and cookies
We will treat all your Personal Data as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable privacy regulations and consumer legislation.
If you'd like to read more on how and where we collect or how we use your personal data, please see our Privacy Notice.
In the Privacy Notice, you can also find out how to stop receiving marketing information.
Please see our cookies policy to learn more about what cookies we use, their nature, purpose and related usage of your personal data on outdoorgb.com
Description of products
Each Product purchased is sold subject to its Product Description which sets out additional Specific Conditions related to that Product including, without limitation, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery dates and times, warranties, after-sales service and guarantees.
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of Products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information including Product Descriptions appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a Product until your order is accepted in accordance with our Order acceptance policy.
Ordering, cancelling and returning products
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
Contract creation and electronic contracting
The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
- You place the order for your products on the Website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the Website
- We will send you an order confirmation email detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order acceptance.
- When your product is shipped from our warehouse we will send you a despatch confirmation email
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the Products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions.
- For most products you may be charged at any point between confirmation of your order and despatch. The exact timing of this will vary according to the payment service being used and the credit checking process.
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
- Your not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in the main Terms & Conditions
- If you are placing an order for an item that by law we are only permitted to sell to customers who are 18 years or older, then by clicking the order confirm button you are also confirming to us that you are 18 years or older. By clicking the order confirm button, you further acknowledge and consent to us taking steps to verify your age by reference to publicly-available third party sources. We reserve the right not to supply an age-restricted product where we reasonably believe that you are below the relevant minimum age.
The details of your specific contract will not be filed by outdoorgb.com. If you do require any information regarding orders you have placed with us, please email or write to us at: Customer Services, OutdoorGB, 2-8 Bentley Way, Daventry, NN11 8QH
The contract will be concluded in English and is subject to UK Law.Users outside UK
This Website is owned, controlled and operated by ExtremeGB Ltd from its offices within the United Kingdom. ExtremeGB Ltd makes no representation that materials in the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations and access to them from countries or territories where their contents may be illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. Any claim relating to the use of this Site and the materials contained herein shall be governed by United Kingdom law.
Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
This legislation offers you the following cancellation rights when you buy online or by phone:
- You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services.
- Your right to return or cancel products does not apply to goods that are made to measure or are made to your specification, that have been clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. This doesn't affect your statutory rights if goods are faulty or not as described.
- If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- You can cancel by email or call 0160 430 0127, or write to: Customer Services, OutdoorGB.com, Bentley Way, Daventry NN11 8QH.
- If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation and we will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply. This includes the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our standard and least expensive method of delivery).
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied.
Our Returns Policy
In addition to our obligations in law, The Website operates a fair policy of accepting returns provided the goods and their packaging are received back by us within 30 days in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Please advise us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of delivery that you wish to make a return and quote your order number.
- We will send you details of your returns number and the correct address to use.
- Please ensure the packaging and goods are returned to us in 'as new' condition. Damaged or used goods cannot be refunded.
- Please send your returns using a tracked or signed postal service, you will be credited as soon as the goods have been received by us.
- Should you choose to exchange your item, you will not be reimbursed for the original shipping costs. You will also be charged shipping for the replacement item.
- If you have asked for an exchange of size or colour, or an alternative item, your replacement item will be charged at the current website rate.
- Goods described as available 'by special order only' may not be returnable or may be subject to a restocking fee.
The goods you can’t return
There are some goods you can't return if you simply change your mind, including: climbing safety equipment, safety headwear, including climbing, cycling and ski helmets, swimwear and underwear, where hygiene protection has been removed, consumables, such as food, other perishables and batteries, personalised goods, CDs, DVDs or software if you've broken the seal on the wrapping and earrings.
Goods damaged in transit
If your package arrives damaged, please ensure the carrier is notified at the time of delivery and do not sign for the package as undamaged. For a valid claim to be made, please contact us within 24 hours of receipt and keep all the external packaging with the damaged product.
GIFTS: Provided we are notified by email at the time the order is placed that the order is a gift for a specified date, we will accept returned orders up to 30 days after the specified date.
All of our items are sent via a recorded method of delivery. If an item cannot be signed for upon delivery it will be held at your local sorting office. Items are not held indefinitely and will eventually be returned to us. You will be charged further shipping should you wish for the items to be re-dispatched. We attempt to contact all customers whose items are returned to us.
If you choose not to have the item re-sent the original amount charged for shipping will not be refunded.
Deliveries to the US
- How long does it take for my parcel to arrive in the US?
We use an International Postal service which normally delivers in 3-5 working days. You should allow a little longer.
- Goods imported into the US for personal use
It is very rare for US recipients of our goods to have to pay US or state import taxes. See the US customs statement below but if you are concerned about this please mail us.
- "INTERNATIONAL MAIL IMPORTS Customs Inspections of Mailed Parcels" (Except from US Treasury)
"... when a package first enters the United States, it arrives at a post office near the addressee. That Postal Service will route it to one of 13 Customs international mail facilities, where Customs inspectors will determine whether duty is owed. Customs then returns the package to the Postal Service for delivery (unless the value of the package is over $2000, in which case the package will be held by Customs until formal entry can be made)."
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (or WEEE) Regulations are now UK law. All European member States including the UK have agreed to reduce the amount of WEEE that is being disposed of in landfill sites.
It is important that the amount of WEEE sent to landfill sites is reduced because:
- Some WEEE can be re-used or recycled. The amount of landfill space available in the UK is decreasing. If we can keep WEEE out of landfill sites it means there is more landfill space available for non-recyclable waste.
- WEEE can contain hazardous substances. When left in landfill sites the hazardous substances in WEEE can pollute soil and contaminate water supplies. This contamination can damage human health and the environment.
Distributors of new Electric and Electronic Equipment (or EEE) have a part to play in reducing the amount of WEEE going into landfill sites.
ExtremeGB are 'doing our bit' under these regulations by offering our customers free take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when they buy a new Electrical or Electronic product.
For example, if a customer buys a new 12V hairdryer from us, we will take back their old 12V hairdryer (provided it is of equivalent type and function) and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely. Customers must return their old WEEE within 28 days of purchasing their new item. Customers do not have to pay to return their old item to us.
If you wish to return your WEEE item, please contact us at the telephone number at the bottom of the page:
Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol shown below:
Goods are marked with this symbol to show that they were produced after 13 August 2005 and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste.
All Website design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof and all software compilations, underlying source code, software (including applets) and all other material on this Web site are copyright ExtremeGB Ltd or by the original creator of the material. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.
Permission is granted to electronically copy and to print in hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with ExtremeGB Ltd or for using this site as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this site - including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission of ExtremeGB Ltd is strictly prohibited.
Product and company names mentioned on this Website may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED AT LAW, ExtremeGB Ltd IS PROVIDING THIS WEB SITE AND ITS CONTENTS ON AN 'AS IS' BASIS AND MAKES NO (AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL) REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEB SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED IN THIS SITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN ADDITION, ExtremeGB Ltd DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS WEB SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
Except as specifically stated on this Web site, to the fullest extent permitted at law, neither ExtremeGB Ltd nor any of its affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this Web site or the information, content, materials or products included on this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. For the avoidance of doubt, ExtremeGB Ltd does not limit its liability for death or personal injury to the extent only that it arises as a result of the negligence of ExtremeGB Ltd, its affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives.
Whilst we make every effort to ensure product information and images are kept up to date, manufacturers may alter designs and specifications without warning. We therefore reserve the right to supply products with slight variations and assume no liability for inaccuracies or mis-statements. If you are not satisfied with the item supplied then you may return it subject to our Returns policy. Images of products are provided for illustrative purposes only and the actual product you receive may differ from the image displayed on the Website.
ExtremeGB Ltd may at any time revise any of the above Terms by updating this posting. By using this Site, you agree to inspect and be bound by any such revisions as they arise.
Product Review Guidelines
Honest opinions about our products
We like you to know all the good and bad features of the products before you buy, so if you've purchased a product from us we'd love to hear from you. All we ask is that you take these guidelines into account to ensure our reviews are as informative as possible.
Tips for creating a good Review
- Punchy: Your review should be approximately 50 to 500 words long. Punchy reviews get read more.
- Reasons: Please explain why you like or dislike the product with specific reasons.
- Warts and all: We want our customers to know the good and the bad but please try to present a balanced view of your own experience including both good and bad points.
- Objective: If you are in some way associated with the suppliers or have some other interest in the success of the product, please make the appropriate disclosure. Reviews should be objective.
Reviews not Allowed
We will remove reviews if they contain:
- Content not specific to product
a. References to the seller or shipping
b. References to the OutdoorGB website
- Advertising or Promotion
a. Reviews that are simply advertising the product
b. Opinions expressed by persons with a financial interest in the product or a competitor product
- Objectionable terms or phrases
a. Swear words
b. Sexually explicit terms
d. Unnecessarily hurtful or spiteful remarks
e. Racial, blasphemous or defamatory comments
a. Reviews not written in English
b. Copied material
c. External urls, phone numbers, email addresses etc
d. Price or availability details
e. References to offers and vouchers