Snugpak Special Forces Bivvi Bag
The SF Bivvi bag is the ideal choice for adventure racers, bushcraft and emergency survival. The non-locking 1/2 length front zip allows rapid egress, when every second counts, and you have to move fast. W ith a small volume and exceptional light weight, it can be folded of packed away as a stalwart item in your race pack, with or without a sleeping bag.
The bivvi bag, a term abbreviated from bivouac, a French word meaning ‘temporary encampment’, can be used as the bare minimum for light-weight summer races, or used in conjunction with an Adventure Race Sleeping System for harbour areas and longer excursions, all year round. The SF Bivvi Bag also performs in an emergency to protect against weather elements if you are benighted in less than ideal circumstances.
The technical fabric of the Snugpak SF Bivvi Bag, Paratex Dry, is breathable, allowing trapped moisture to escape from within the microclimate, keeping you warm, dry and comfortable. Paratex Dry moves moisture out of the sleeping system at an impressive 7.5L of moisture per m² per 24hours. When seeking shelter from the weather elements, you will be grateful for the superior technical features of the Snugpak SF Bivvi Bag, and have greater confidence in your fast and light ventures, knowing you are equipped to deal with the worst weather, as well as having a protective shell for your sleeping bag.
With a small volume and exceptional light weight, it can be folded of packed away as a stalwart item in your outdoor kit, with or without a sleeping bag. A 5000mm Hydrostatic Head guarantees waterproof and windproof durability, creating an enclosed micro-climate that increases humidity, and maintaining body temperature through the protection of evaporative and convention heat loss.
Snugpak Bivvi Bags come complete in Standard and Extra Large Sizes, which can be used with 4 Season or Expedition (Polar) based sleeping bags as well as the Snugpak AR Sleeping System.
Please Note: Snugpak Bivvi Bags have a solid coating, and although designed to be breathable, sufficient air cannot pass through the fabric to sustain breathing. Care should be taken not to completely seal any Bivvi Bag system, so as to prevent suffocation.
- Breathable - High moisture-vapour transmission rate helps to keep you dry when you're active.
- Light Weight - Exceptionally lightweight, perfect when on the move.
- 100% waterproof to help keep you dry.
- Half centre zip for quick and easy access (perfect for use with the snugpak special forces range of sleeping bags).
- 100% waterproof fabric with a Hydro Static Head in Excess of 5000mm (items with a Hydrostatic Head over 1500mm are generally considered waterproof).
- Taped & Sealed Seams
- Breathable (will transmit up to 7.5 litres of moisture per m2 per 24 hours)
- Soft to the touch
- Supplied with own stuff sack - Help reduce volume to give you extra space when travelling.
- Outer Fabric treated with a Durable Water Repellant (water repellancy can be maintained by a cool tumble dry after washing and periodic retreatment with suitable after care products such as Nikwax or Grangers)
- Width (Chest) - 85cm
- Width (Foot) - 70cm
- Length - 228cm
- Pack size: 14cm(H) x 10cm(W)
Please note this product is made to manufacture and if shown as “Available For Order” will take an additional 10 working days from time of placing the order, if shown as "In Stock” the item is available for next day delivery.