The SELENIUM is an extra warm and very light down coat that is more than a match for cold winds and rain showers.
The windproof, water repellent and breathable TEXASHIELD shell fabric provides the weather protection. The coat is filled from hood to hem with RDS certified down with high lofting capability for outstanding insulation performance.
With its warm down fill, longer cut and detachable hood, this winter coat will keep you warm from top to tail.
- down coat
- very warm
- very light
- windproof, water repellent
- extra breathable
- with hood
- The bluesign® PRODUCT logo stands for safe textiles, environmentally friendly production and responsible use of resources.
- The bluesign® system excludes substances that are harmful to the environment and to health from the very beginning of the manufacturing process. All steps in the process are comprehensively monitored by independent bodies. This ensures environmentally friendly and safe production, as well as the highest standards concerning use of resources, consumer protection, water and air emissions as well as workplace safety.
- A bluesign® PRODUCT comprises at least 90% bluesign® certified textiles and 30% bluesign®-certified accessories, i.e. minor components such as zips, buttons, etc.
- You will find more information about the bluesign® system and bluesign® PRODUCT here: www.bluesign.com.
- This item contains only down and feathers that have been certified in accordance with the Responsible Down Standard (RDS)
- Jack Wolfskin has had itself and its products that use down and feathers certified in line with the RDS.
- A seamless certification is guaranteed for the entire down supply chain where products have been certified in line with the RDS. RDS takes a holistic view of animal welfare, from the time the birds hatch until they are slaughtered. The criteria against which things are inspected include the ban on live plucking and force-feeding, as well as "The Five Freedoms” (1. Freedom from hunger and thirst as well as well as malnutrition/ 2. Freedom from discomfort/ 3. Freedom from pain, injury and disease/ 4. Freedom from fear and distress/ 5. Freedom to express normal behaviour).
- More information on RDS here: Responsible Down Standard (RDS) - Textile Exchange
- The category of criteria practised by RDS is here: https://textileexchange.org/documents/responsible-down-standard-rds/.
- All down used by Jack Wolfskin has been certified by Control Union CU882660 in line with RDS.
- Our windproof material with a high degree of wear comfort.
- TEXASHIELD technology is primarily used for stretchy softshell items but also features in the outer materials of slightly insulating clothing and windshells.
- TEXASHIELD PRO is 100% windproof, highly water-repellent and breathable, and effectively protects against cold and wind. The 3-layer material is stretchy, ensures freedom of movement and insulates via its additional inner layer.
- SHELL: 100 % POLYESTER
- LINING: 100 % POLYESTER
- 1. FILLING: 90 % GREY DUCK DOWN, 10 % FEATHER, CONTAINS NON-TEXTILE PARTS OF ANIMAL ORIGIN, PA-9900 (CN)
- 2. FILLING: 100 % POLYESTER