Get More From Your Workout
- The ultra multisport GPS watch with preloaded full-colour TOPO mapping for Europe and wearable navigation features
- Steel Grip design with stainless steel EXO-Antenna as bezel, forged steel back and sapphire crystal to maintain best integrity in demanding environment
- Preloaded activity profiles for all your sports and adventures and Elevate™ wrist heartrate
- Put key stats at your fingertips with the performance widget that shows the effects and progress of your workouts
- Connected features include smart notifications, Wi-Fi support for automatic uploads to Garmin Connect™ online sport community and personalisation through free watch faces and apps from our Connect IQ™ store
- Outdoor sensors, including GPS and GLONASS satellite positioning, barometric altimeter, 3-axis compass with gyroscope.
- Battery life: up to 12 days in smartwatch mode (depending on settings), up to 20 hours in GPS mode or up to 50 hours in UltraTrac™ battery saver mode.
fenix 5X is the ultra multisport GPS watch for athletes and adventurers. It's the first fenix series watch to offer full-colour European recreational mapping for at-a-glance navigation and location reference – so you can beat yesterday, and be sure of getting back. You get training features such as Elevate™ wrist heart rate technology, built-in activity profiles, advanced performance metrics and training status readings that allow you to train more efficient. Smart notifications help you stay in touch on the go. Plus, QuickFit™ bands let you tailor the look to any lifestyle or activity – no tools required.
Striking Design, Strong Performance
fenix 5X is the ultra watch with 51mm diameter and the most advance training and navigation feature set. fenix 5X features a rugged design and tough quality feel with a stainless steel EXO-Antenna as bezel and a forged steel back to guarantee the best integrity in demanding environments water-rated to 100 meters. The fenix 5X matches both your aesthetic and athletic interests.
A Full-colour Roadmap to the Finishline
Whether you're in the city or on the trail, an array of fenix 5X on-watch mapping and navigation features help keep you oriented and on-course at a glance.
- Full-colour European recreational mapping that comes preloaded; map data is optimised for at-a-glance navigation and location tracking on your wrist
- Round-trip routing options give runners and cyclists the ability to enter a distance they want to conduct and the watch will suggest appropriate courses
- Easy-to-read guidance cues provide banners on the display that show upcoming turns
- Around Me map mode displays locations nearby in a simplified graphical interface that increases awareness and ease when navigating in unfamiliar environments
- Data overlays on the map highlight key information so you don't have to switch screens while in an activity
- GroupTrack allows you to keep tabs on your buddies for adventures such as skiing; LiveTrack allows friends to follow your adventures in real time
Outstanding readability on the Run
An always on, high-resolution, full-colour Garmin Chroma Display™ assures great readability at any time. fenix 5X makes use of 1.2'' display with transflective technology that reflects and transmits light at the same time enables the watch face to become even better readable under intense sunlight. To guarantee enhanced durability in rough environment this sport watch offers a high quality scratch-resistant sapphire lens.
Wrist-based Heart Rate
To provide the ultimate freedom to the ambitious athlete all fenix 5 models include Elevate wrist heart rate technology that lets you monitor your heart rate without wearing a chest strap. With the new fully integrated Elevate sensor on your wrist you can control at any time the intensity of your training and track daily activities with 24/7 heartrate monitoring to gain more accurate information on burned calories during the day.
Match Your Style with Interchangeable Watchbands
A selection of QuickFit bands in your choice of premium leather, metal or silicone makes it easy to mix and match styles to go with any sport or activity. No tools are required to make the transformation. Just swap, click and go.
All you need to know about your Training
You aim to get better and better, this drives you through countless training hours. fenix 5X's new Performance Widget holds all information easy to access in one place that will better track your fitness level and help you to train more efficient.
- Training Status: Tells you how effective your training is and provides guidance on whether your workouts are productive and paying off.
- VO2Max Estimator: Crunches running or cycling performance data to estimate the maximum volume of oxygen you can consume per minute and gives you an indication of your level of fitness.
- Training Load: Tells you how hard you train over a period of time no matter which activity.
- Recovery Advisor: With Recovery Timer that tells you the recommended recovery time counting down from your last workout.
More advanced indicators like your functional threshold power (FTP) and Lactate Threshold help you to better judge your actual performance level during cycling or running and the Race Predictor eventually estimates your ideal finish time for a 5k, 10k, half marathon and marathon distance races based on your current VO2max number. Training Effect 2.0 will provide beyond this aerobic and anaerobic benefit scores so that you understand whether your high-intensity interval training really pays off.
Step up your Running
Now you can go further with your running data. Garmin training features that tap into extended physiological metrics and advanced running dynamics can help improve your form and overall performance. These metrics include performance condition that compares your actual condition to your average fitness level, running cadence, and stride length. Make every run a personal challenge, compete against others on Strava Live Segments, get alerts for segment starts and finishes, view leaderboard rankings, and see how your current effort compares to your PR you can get.
Once paired with a compatible heart rate chest strap such as the HRM-Run™, you can access additional fenix 5X metrics like Stress Score to measure your actual stress level based on your heart rate variability, vertical oscillation and ratio or ground contact time and balance to make your running more efficient.
fenix 5X comes loaded with features that make all the difference on the trail. The Auto Climb/Run switch makes sure you get in any environment the right metrics – go for pace and distance once running in the flat and automatically switch to accumulated ascent and vertical speed once you start climbing. Use detailed TOPO mapping for better situational awareness in alpine environment. For the Ultra distance runner fenix 5X provides a special mode that allows you to extend tracking to take it much further and track up to 100 h in the new gyro-reinforced UltraTrac®* mode.
A True Multi Sport Talent
For the multi-sport athlete of any type fenix 5X is the perfect partner. Use dedicated activity profiles for Swim-Run or Triathlon or create the multisport profile that suits your training routine or race day. Transition easily from one activity to the next with just one button press to make sure all your training splits are taken into account.
The Watch for All Sorts of Sports
Beyond their running functions, fenix 5X watches also offer special feature sets to support cycling, swim training, skiing, golfing and paddle sports, including stand-up paddle boarding and rowing. For cycling fenix 5X supports speed and distance and all cycling dynamics once paired with a power meter, for swimmers, the device tracks your distance, stroke count and more. Ski/Board mode puts speed, distance, vertical drop and an automatic run counter at your fingertips. The feature set for paddle sports includes stroke count, stroke rate and even distance per stroke. Golf mode gives you yardage to the front, back and middle of the green for any single course you've downloaded from Garmin Connect – and also adds enhancements such as stat tracking (fairways hit, etc.), Green View, AutoShot detection and auto measure.
For cyclists, fenix 5X also offers cycling-specific routings and is compatible with the Varia™ line of smart bike lights, rearview radar and wearable Varia Vision™ displays that aid in situational awareness on the road.
Navigate the Great Outdoors, Your Way
Each fenix 5 guides you safely on and off the beaten path combining GPS/GLONASS positioning, advanced sensors and well known Garmin navigation features like TracBack™. To provide the most accurate information the device auto-calibrates its sensors using GPS. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the thermometer and barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure. The 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing, whether you're moving or not.
So Many Ways to Stay Connected
All fenix 5 series models can support smart notifications when paired with a compatible device. Receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch. Another new fenix 5 feature is Group Track that allows you to pair your device through Garmin Connect™ so you can keep tabs of your connected buddies, and they can keep tabs on you when you get separated during an activity. Other connected features include automatic uploads to our Garmin Connect via Wi-Fi, live tracking and social media sharing through our free Garmin Connect™ Mobile applications
Custom Apps and Watch Faces
You can customise your fenix 5X watch with free downloads from our Connect IQ store. Change your watch face, add data fields or get apps and widgets for information at a glance. Garmin is continually working with top companies and developers to build partnerships that add even more value to your fenix multisport watch. Names such as Uber, Strava, AccuWeather and many others offer apps and enhancements that let you tailor your fenix 5X to fit your lifestyle in more ways than ever.
Wear Your Personality on Your Sleeve
You can also download the free Garmin Face It™ watch face app to customise your fenix 5S with any photo from your smartphone. Just download the app, choose an image from your photo library, adjust the style for time and set it as your watch's face. Whether it's a scenic view from your last hike or a picture of your new puppy, with Garmin you can add personality to your watch that's uniquely you.
Add power data to your training by downloading our Running Power app from the Connect IQ™ store onto your compatible watch. Developed by Garmin Labs, the Running Power app taps into metrics — such as pace, vertical oscillation, grade and even local wind conditions — to determine the amount of power you're applying at the ground as you run. When you know how much power you're expending from minute to minute and mile to mile, you're better able to pace yourself, which can help keep you from tiring out too quickly. The best news? If you already own the right Garmin devices, adding power to your run is free. All you need is a fenix® 5/fenix 5S/ fenix 5X, fenix Chronos, Forerunner® 935 and 1 of these 3 accessories: HRM-Run™, HRM-Tri™ or the Running Dynamics Pod.
- Lens Material: domed sapphire crystal
- Bezel Material: stainless steel
- Case material: fiber-reinforced polymer with stainless steel rear cover
- QuickFit™ watch band compatible: included (26 mm)
- Strap material: silicone or steel
- Physical size: 51 x 51 x 17.5 mm
- Weight: With silicone band: 98.0 g
- Water rating: 10 ATM
- Display type: sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)
- Display size: 1.2" (30.5 mm) diameter
- Display resolution: 240 x 240 pixels; sunlight-visible, always-on, low power, colourful display
- Colour display: Battery life: Up to 12 days in smartwatch mode (depending on settings), up to 20 hours in GPS mode, and up to 35 hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode
- Memory/History: 12 GB
- Time/date: Time of day (12/24h), calendar (day/date), daily alarm, stop watch, timer, sunrise/sunset alerts
- GPS Time Sync
- Automatic daylight saving time
- Alarm clock
- Sunrise/sunset times
- Garmin Elevate™ wrist heart rate monitor
- Barometric altimeter
Daily Smart Features
- Connectivity: Bluetooth® Smart, ANT+®, Wi-Fi®
- Connect IQ™ (downloadable watch faces, data fields, widgets and apps
- Smart notifications
- Controls smartphone music
- Find My Phone
- Find My Watch
- VIRB® Camera Remote
- Smartphone compatibility: iPhone®, Android™
- Compatible with Garmin Connect™ Mobile
- Preloaded Boating Profiles: Boating
Activity Tracking Features
- Step counter
- Move bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it)
- Auto goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal)
- Sleep monitoring (monitors total sleep and periods of movement or restful sleep)
- Calories burned
- Floors climbed
- Distance traveled
- Intensity minutes
- Move IQ™
- Fitness Age: yes (in app)
- Preloaded gym activity profiles: Strength, Cardio and Elliptical Training, Stair Stepping, Floor Climbing, Indoor Rowing and Yoga
- Cardio workouts
- Strength workouts
- Automatic rep counting
Training, Planning and Analysis Features
- GPS speed and distance
- Customisable screen(s)
- Customisable activity profiles
- Auto Pause®
- Interval training
- Advanced workouts
- Downloadable training plans
- Auto Lap®
- Manual lap
- Configurable lap alerts
- V02 max
- Training Status (lets you see if you're training effectively by tracking your training history and fitness level trend.)
- Training Load (your total training load for the last 7 days calculated from estimated EPOC)
- Training Effect (aerobic)
- Training Effect (anaerobic)
- Customisable alerts
- Audio prompts
- Finish time
- Virtual Partner
- Race an Activity
- Auto multisport activities
- Course guidance
- Segments (Live, Garmin)
- Strava features (Beacon, live segments)
- Group LiveTrack
- Round-trip course creator (running/cycling)
- Touch and/or button lock
- Hot keys
- Auto scroll
- Activity history on watch
Heart Rate Features
- HR zones
- HR alerts
- HR calories
- % HR max
- % HRR
- Recovery time
- Auto max HR
- HRV stress test (measures your heart rate variability while standing still, for 3 minutes, to provide you with an estimated stress level; the scale of this is 1 to 100; low scores indicate lower stress levels): yes (with compatible accessory)
- Records heart rate while swimming: yes (with HRM-Tri™ and HRM-Swim™)
- HR Broadcast (broadcasts HR data over ANT+™ to paired devices)
- Preloaded run profiles: Running, Treadmill Running, Trail Running
- GPS-based distance, time and pace
- Running dynamics: yes (with compatible accessory)
- Vertical oscillation and ratio (the degree of 'bounce' in your running motion and the cost-benefit ratio with stride length): yes (with compatible accessory)
- Ground contact time and balance (shows how much time, in the running motion, your foot is on the ground rather than in flight and lets you check your running symmetry): yes (with compatible accessory)
- Stride length (real time): yes (with compatible accessory)
- Cadence (provides real-time number of steps per minute)
- Performance condition (after running 6–20 minutes, compares your real-time condition to your average fitness level)
- Lactate threshold (through analysis of your pace and heart rate, estimates the point where your muscles start to rapidly fatigue): yes (with compatible accessory)
- Run workouts
- Race predictor
- Foot pod capable
- Yardage to F/M/B (distance to front, middle and back of green)
- Yardage to layups/doglegs
- Measures shot distance (calculates exact yardage for shots from anywhere on course): Automatic
- Digital scorecard
- Stat tracking (strokes, putts per round, greens and fairways hit)
- Garmin AutoShot™
- Auto CourseView updates
- Green View with manual pin position
- Hazards and course targets
- TruSwing™ compatible
- Round timer/odometer
Outdoor Recreation Features
- Preloaded outdoor recreation profiles: Hiking, Climbing, Mountain Biking, Skiing, Snowboarding, XC Skiing, Stand Up Paddleboarding, Rowing, Jumpmaster, Tactical
- Point-to-point navigation
- Bread crumb trail in real time
- Back to start
- UltraTrac mode
- Around Me mode
- Elevation profile
- Distance to destination
- Barometric trend indicator with Storm Alert
- Trail run auto climb
- Vertical speed
- Total ascent/descent
- Future elevation plot
- Preloaded topographical maps
- Downloadable cartography support
- Compatible with BaseCamp™
- GPS coordinates
- Projected waypoint
- Sight 'N Go
- Area calculation: yes (via Connect IQ™)
- Hunt/fish calendar: yes (via Connect IQ™)
- Sun and moon information: yes (via Connect IQ™)
- Dual grid coordinates
- Preloaded cycling profiles: Biking, Indoor Biking, Mountain Biking, Triathlon
- Bike lap and lap maximum power (with power sensor)
- Race an activity
- Time/distance alerts (triggers alarm when you reach goal)
- FTP (Functional Threshold Power): yes (with compatible accessory)
- Garmin Cycle Map (routable cycling-specific street map)
- Compatible with Vector™ (power meter)
- Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible third-party ANT+™-enabled power meters)
- Compatible with Varia Vision™ (head-mounted display)
- Compatible with Varia™ radar (rear-facing radar)
- Compatible with Varia™ lights
- Speed and cadence sensor support (with sensor): yes (ANT+® and Bluetooth® Smart sensors)
- Preloaded swim profiles: Pool Swimming, Open Water Swimming, Swimming/Running
- Pool swim metrics (lengths, distance, pace, stroke count/rate, calories
- Stroke type detection (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly)
- Swim efficiency (SWOLF)
- Drill logging
- Pool swim workouts
- Open-water swim metrics (distance, pace, stroke count/rate, stroke distance, calories)
- Heart rate (real-time during rests, interval and session stats during rests, and automatic heart rate download post-swim): yes (with HRM-Tri™ and HRM-Swim™)
- Maps: Preloaded topographic and cycling maps, plus more than 40,000 golf courses around the world
- Connect IQ™ app support: Yes (watch faces, data fields, widgets and apps).
- EXO™ antenna (GPS/GLONASS): Yes
- Wi-Fi®: Yes (Sapphire versions only).
- ANT+®: Yes (all versions).
- Bluetooth®: Low Energy (all versions).
- Round Trip Run: Yes
- Lactate Threshold: Yes
- Pre-loaded Garmin cycling maps: Yes
- Round Trip Ride: Yes
- Training Effect 2.0 (measures impact of an activity on your aerobic & anaerobic fitness): Yes
- Training Load: Yes
- Training Status: Yes
- Weather alerts: Yes
- UltraTrac: Yes
- tempe™ sensor support: Yes
- TracBack: Yes
- Ski features: Yes
- Physiological measurements: Yes
- SUP/Rowing: Yes
- Foot pod: Yes (optional)