Camp like a pro!
1. Choose the right tent for you
- Family - how about a tunnel tent? Plenty of room and perfect for a longer trip
- Adventure - pop on your back and hit the trails with a lightweight backpack tent.
- Easy - try an inflatable tent, no need for tent poles so reduces that pitching time.
Tip - put the tent up in the garden and test it out before you go.
2. What's cooking?
- Invest in a great coolbox - some even keep your food cool for days.
- Collapsible pots and pans - perfect solution when you're limited on storage.
- Prep in advance - plan and prep your meals before you get to the campsite to make sure you've got all the right equipment you need with you.
- Take a water carrier - you'll need plenty of water on tap for cooking so make your life easier and bring one along.
Cooking on a campfire
Nothing beats being huddled round a campfire and listening to the sound of crackling wood. Who wouldn't want to whip a tasty meal for everyone over the fire? Follow these simple tips to turn your campfire into a camp kitchen:
- Build your fire in a safe place
- Make sure you have all the equipment you need to hand
- Choose which way you want to cook - griddle, grill, skewer or even directly in the fire (such as baked potatoes in foil).
- Put out, clean up and secure your site
3. Time for bed
We all know it can get a little chilly in the UK at night so invest in a comfy sleeping solution - we recommend a self inflating mat and a 3 season sleeping bag just in case.
Don't forget those torches!
4. Be prepared!
First Aid kit, headtorch, and plenty of layers to keep you warm.