Weems & Plath Basic Navigation Kit
The Weems and Plath Basic Navigation Kit was conceived as a straightforward and functional way to allow navigators to acquire the essential instruments for basic navigation calculations without unnecessary frills that would add to the cost.
Thus, the Weems and Plath Basic Navigation Kit is just what you need for the basic navigation processes of establishing your position as well as calculating your range and bearing to a defined destination.
The Weems and Plath Basic Navigation Set contains a set of very useful good-quality navigation instruments that will allow you to work accurately and that will prove very long-lasting.
The set, packaged in a clear, reusable plastic case, includes four tools:
- Weems Protractor (#255) (an updated version of Breton and Portland plotters) that can be used to lay off course or bearing, measure distance between any two points, plot a position on a chart from given set of coordinates, or determine coordinates of position on chart
- #145 - Parallel Rules for finding bearing and direction
- #262 - 6 inch Dividers for measuring distance
- #1141 - #2 Navigation Pencil for making notations on the chart and in the navigation log
- Pencil sharpener
- Weight: 1.06 lb. (481 g)
- Dimensions: 16 x 6 inches (406 x 152 mm)