Petzl GriGri 2 Belay Device
The Petzl GriGri 2 Belay Device is an assisted braking belay device suitable for ropes 8.9 mm to 11 mm.
Allowing for optimal control is the name of the game for the GriGri 2 and an excellent new design allows for smooth rope work for use with leader as well as top roping. Extra control during descent is provided by one hand holding rope whilst the other operates the unlocking cam. This allows a gradual release of the rope, but maintaining the strong braking action of the cam. The GriGri 2 uses the same techniques as a tradition belay so there is no need to get used to a new action.
With a lightweight construction means this belay device weighs in at only 185 g making it effortless to take wherever you go.
- For use with single ropes between 8.9 and 11 mm in diameter (optimised for 9.4 to 10.3 mm ropes)
- Designed for: Sport climbing
- Also good for: Aid climbing
- 3-year guarantee
- Weight: 185 g
- Certification: EN 15151/UIAA
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior)
- Aluminium side plates
- Stainless steel cam and friction plate
- Reinforced nylon handle