Montane Mens Black Ice Jacket
The Montane Men’s Black Ice Jacket is a water-resistant down jacket that is perfect for mountaineers who like to venture into wetter and colder regions.
It contains 93% high-quality goosedown at 800+ fill power and is made with Freeflow fabric lined with durable water repellency (DWR) to help you stay impressively warm and bone-dry at the same time.
The Black Ice Jacket has a down liner which is exceptionally comfortable next to the skin, very breathable and fast-drying. The storm protection on the inner hood, hems and hand pockets provides additional protection for down fill and continued comfort.
The Montane Black Ice jacket is perfect for mountaineers in extreme conditions who want to keep warm and dry.
- Fabric: Freeflow Ultralite
- Filling: 235 g (size M) of minimum 90/10 goose down at 800+ fill (USA) certified non live plucked & non force fed down
- Filling: 40 g Primaloft silver eco
- Lining: Ultra soft PEAQ Down
- Zips: YKK reverse coil
- Weight (approx.): 687 g / 24.2 oz (M)
- Fit: Active Mountain - general mountain fit, but garment adjustments enable close body fit
- Activities: alpine mountaineering / mountain walking / winter camping
- Freeflow Ultralite 38 g/m² outer shell waterproof to a minimum of 600 mm hydrostatic head
- PEAQ Down liner that is exceptionally comfortable next to the skin, highly breathable and fast drying
- Exceptionally high quality goose down with 800+ fill power
- 40g Primaloft Silver Eco insulation protection on the shoulders, forearms and hood
- Storm protection on inner hood, hem and hand pockets providing additional protection for the down fill and continued comfort when working hard
- Classic boxwall construction throughout eliminating cold spots
- Vertical control baffle arrangement on arms preventing down migration during high activity
- Articulated arms for reach high movement and tailored specifically to reduce hem lift
- Fully adjustable helmet compatible mountain hood with three point adjustment and storm vision wired peak
- Non-whip face aperture drawcords ideal for use in windy conditions
- Soft fleece beardguard at chin and mouth for extra comfort
- Internal fine mesh security pocket and internal water bottle pocket
- Two deep hand-warmer pockets with outer fabric storm protection
- Full length, reversed and baffled two way YKK front zip for ease of use with a backpack or climbing harness
- Internal ‘sleeping bag’ type neck baffle and internal half waist drawcord to prevent spindrift entry and core body heat loss
- Adjustable cuffs with grab tabs for ease of use with gloves or mitts
- Adjustable hem to prevent spindrift entry and heat loss
- Reflective roundel details
- Own waterproof storage Montane dry bag
As with all Montane clothing, Freeflow fabric contains Durable Water Repellency (DWR) as the first barrier to keeping you dry. It is recommended you clean your garment in order to maintain this effect. Down clothing ideally needs to be handwashed with care.