Montane Mens Black Ice Jacket
The Montane Men’s Black Ice Jacket is a water-resistant down jacket that is perfect for mountaineers who like to venture into wetter and colder regions.
It contains 93% high-quality goosedown at 800+ fill power and is made with Freeflow fabric lined with durable water repellency (DWR) to help you stay impressively warm and bone-dry at the same time.
The Black Ice Jacket has a down liner which is exceptionally comfortable next to the skin, very breathable and fast-drying. The storm protection on the inner hood, hems and hand pockets provides additional protection for down fill and continued comfort.
The Montane Black Ice jacket is perfect for mountaineers in extreme conditions who want to keep warm and dry.
- Fit: Active mountain - general mountain fit, but garment adjustments enable close body fit
- Activities: Alpine Mountaineering, Mountain Walking, Winter Camping
- Freeflow Ultra-Lite 45g/sq m outer shell waterproof to minimum of 80mm hydrostatic head
- PEAQ Down liner exceptionally comfortable next to skin, highly breathable and fast-drying
- Classic boxwall construction on arms, body and hood
- Vertical control baffle arrangement on arms preventing down migration during high activity
- Fully adjustable mountaineering helmet-compatible hood with storm vision wired peak including non-whip face aperture drawcords
- Articulated arms for reach-high body movement
- Storm protection on inner hood, hem and hand pockets providing additional protection for down fill and continued comfort when working hard
- Two-way tough moulded centre front zipper for deep-freeze conditions
- Internal sleeping bag-type neck baffle and internal half-waist drawcord to prevent spindrift entry and core body heat loss
- Internal fine-mesh security pocket and internal water bottle warmer pocket
- Scotchlite reflective roundel details
- Cuffs featuring mitt grab tabs
- Own waterproof storage/stuff sac
- Fabric: Freeflow Ultra-lite
- Filling: 250 g of 93/7 goosedown at 800+ fill power (US method)
- Lining: Ultra-soft PEAQ Down
- Weight (Large): 680 g (24 oz)
As with all Montane clothing, Freeflow fabric contains Durable Water Repellency (DWR) as the first barrier to keeping you dry. It is recommended you clean your garment in order to maintain this effect. Down clothing ideally needs to be handwashed with care.