Montane Mens Extreme Smock
The lightweight Montane Men’s Extreme Smock is the definitive single-layer soft shell jacket for fast-moving outdoor enthusiasts in cold conditions.
Worn over a base-layer Montane Bionic T-Shirt or against the skin, the Montane Extreme Smock is a base-layer, mid-layer and outer-layer combined. It is designed for the active man who wants to avoid the stop-start routine often association with adjusting traditional layered clothing.
The Montane Men’s Extreme Smock features a detachable hood, zipped sleeve pocket, a hand-warmer pocket, a Cross-Vent system and removable crotch strap.
With a high warmth-to-weight ratio, the Extreme Smock's outer surface is made from Pertex 6 fabric making it impressively breathable, durable and water resistant. It is perfect for the athletic man on the go.
- Fit: Active Mountain - general mountain fit, but garment adjustments enable close body fit
- Fabric: Pertex Classic 6
- Reinforcements: Polardri Mini-Rip
- Lining: Dryactiv 3000
- Zips: YKK Reverse coil
- Weight: 1,020 g/36 oz (Size M)
- Activities: polar exploration/mountaineering/outdoor professional
- Highly windproof, breathable and fast drying Pertex Classic 6 outer shell
- Dryactiv 3000 deep pile lining throughout smock that provides warmth, wicks sweat, dries fast and helps to retain body warmth even when wet
- Reinforced tough Polardri elbows
- Articulated arms for reach high movement and tailored specifically to reduce hem lift
- Fully adjustable and removable pile lined helmet compatible mountain hood with three point adjustment and wired peak
- Soft fleece beardguard around face and mouth for extra comfort
- Two deep A-line venting hand-warmer pockets with YKK zips positioned well clear of backpack or climbing harness belt
- Montane Cross-Vent system across chest to aid cooling whilst working hard
- Large pouch pocket with accessory attachment ring
- Glove attachment loops on forearms
- ½ length baffled YKK front zip
- Two way YKK zippered side vents with storm flap
- Adjustable cuffs with grab tabs for ease of use with gloves or mitts
- Adjustable hem with Velcro straps to prevent spindrift entry and heat loss
- Removable crotch strap to prevent hem riding up whilst reaching high
- The Extreme Smock uses Pertex fabric which contains a Durable Water Repellency (DWR) as the first barrier in keeping you dry. Clean your garment in order to maintain this
- Machine wash in warm water at 40°C/104°F with a mild detergent. Montane recommends Nikwax Tech Wash
- Do not use fabric softeners or bleach
- Do not tumble dry or dry clean. Drip dry only
- Your smock may need occasional re-proofing to restore the DWR. To reproof the outer fabric always use a spray- never use wash in reproofer. Montane recommends Nikwax TX Direct spray
- Please see www.nikwax.com for more information