A powerful personal scale generator for everyday devices.The KettleCharge provides off-grid power in a matter of minutes using nothing but heat and water. Perfect for camping or power outages, the KettleCharge will keep you charged day or night with BioLite's core thermoelectric technology.
- Wall Outlet Power - Providing 10 Watts via USB, charge phones, tablets, lights, with the strength of a wall outlet
- Smart Interface - LED panels monitor the strength of your heat source and provide real time feedback on electricity generation
- Works On Any Stove - Backpacking stoves, home ranges, the BioLite CampStove: The KettleCharge performs on any concentrated flame
- Potable Water - Use the water you boil for cooking, drinking, or first aid
Inside our Technology
The Thermoelectric Generator [TEG], located on the base of the KettleCharge, uses a difference in temperature to produce electricity. This comes from having a hot side and a cold side of the TEG.
- Fill - Add water to the stainless steel kettle. The water serves as the cold side of the TEG
- Heat - The flame of your heat source in contact with the baseplate is the hot side of the TEG
- Charge - As you bring the water to a boil, electricity is produced and sent to the Power Handle, leaving you with potable water and 10W of usable power
- USB Power Output: 10 W (5V, 2A)
- Charge Time: 15 min charge = 5 hours talk, 5 hours video, 20 hours of audio (output varies by strength of heat source)
- Compatible Devices: Powers most USB-chargeable devices including tablets
- Battery: Safe lithium iron phosphate (LiFeP04), 1250mAh
- Max Fill: 750 ml
- Height: Handle folded: 2.91" (7.4 cm); Module up: 7.32" (18.6 cm)
- Weight: 2 lbs (32 oz)/ 907 g
iPhone & iPad not included.