Berghaus Extrem 8000 Pro Mens Technical Mountaineering Jacket
The Extrem™ 8000 Pro is the perfect balance of weight, durability and breathability combined with exceptional tailoring. The result is a serious mountain jacket that gives you everything you need, leaving you to work the challenge. Pure performance MtnHaus engineering, the Extrem™ 8000 Pro is a feature-packed jacket with innovation at its core. The new XpanseBack™ system uses unique panelling and design to deliver a 20% increase in freedom of movement and an amplified rear-ventilation. The XpanseHood™ will revolutionise hood management; a magnetic expansion fold contracts when not needed, solving the issue of excess material when using without a helmet. The impressive feature set is matched with the most breathable GORE-TEX® Pro available to give extreme levels of moisture management, durability and comfort. This isn’t just a piece of clothing - this is technical equipment for the mountains.
- Xpanse hood - The new Xpanse™ hood revolutionises hood management. An innovative magnet adjustment system allows the hood to expand for use with a helmet then snap back in to place when a helmet is not in use, providing exceptional fit and weather protection in either state. Simply pull up the hood to expand, then release to allow the hood to close - less excess fabric, more comfort.
- Xpanse faceguard - Front gusseted extra expansion panel with breather holes to allow protection over mouth and nose during hostile conditions.
- Xpanse back - The new Xpanse™ Back is a unique approach to stretch and garment construction. This technical, highly tailored feature uses a storm-proof box pleat to provide unrivalled freedom of movement across the back and shoulders, allowing for dynamic body movement - perfect for when you're reaching for those hard moves.
- Centre front YKK® AguaGuard® VISLON® Matte zip with super-narrow exposure to increase performance, high weather resistance and an easy slide in freezing wet conditions. Two-way function allows access to under layers whilst wearing a backpack or climbing harness.
- Ergonomically shaped easy-grab zip pulls for use with gloves.
- Single hand adjustment cinches fabric around rear hem to prevent wind, rain or snow ingress. Rear adjustment provides smooth low profile front hem.
- Cohaesive® embedded adjustment system around face and lower hem.
- Large hand pockets with 3D panel construction that ensures pockets gape to allow fast venting under high exertion. Hand pockets feature super lightweight internal stretch mesh to allow fast air flow.
- Two large Napoleon chest pockets.
- Shaped cuffs provide extra comfort around the wrist and prevent weather entry. Cuffs feature stretch fit adjustment with easy grab tabs that can be handled well with gloves.
- GORE-TEX® Pro Shell - provides exceptional protection and performance in extreme environments.
- GORE-TEX® Pro Shell is up to 28% more breathable than other Gore fabrics.
- Lightweight and super breathable GORE-TEX® Pro 40D in the body.
- Lightweight, highly breathable and durable GORETEX ® Pro 70D in key wear areas around hood, shoulders, forearms and waist.
- GORE-TEX® Micro Grid backer technology improves internal abrasion, snag resistance, enhances breathability, decreases weight and allows jacket to easily slide over mid-layers.
- Bonded fine microfleece in skin contact areas - around chin, mouth and back of neck.
- Durable Velcro® around cuffs that work in wet, snow and icy conditions.
- Highly specified seam construction throughout jacket: 3mm seam allowance, 13 stitches per inch and micro tape provide strong low profile waterproof seams.
- Performance pattern cut and engineered to deliver uncompromised dynamic body movement.
- Seam free continuous panel around front, sides and rear waist to provide comfortable profile underneath a climbing harness.
- High tensile stretch shockcord used throughout.
- Bonded high performance centre front zip and pocket zip construction.
- Bonded placket behind centre front zip to prevent any weather ingress in extreme conditions.
- Pleated volume in cuff/forearm to accommodate mountain gloves.
- Centre front zip features bottom engagement inset at bottom of zip to prevent snagging and ensure ease of connecting zip.
- Hem features V cut tailoring that provides slim profile under a backpack and/or climbing harness and allows unrestricted step high movement.
- Stitch free bonded hem shockcord channel.
- Large hand pockets with 3D panel construction that ensures pockets gape to allow fast venting under high exertion.
- Hand pockets feature super lightweight internal stretch mesh to allow fast air flow.
- Two large Napoleon chest pockets.
- Discreet left arm bicep pocket with bonded ultra slim YKK® AquaGuard® zip.
- Internal zipped security pocket.
- YKK® Aquaguard® pocket zips provide weather resistance.
- Weight: 590g (size M)
- Fabric: GORE-TEX® Pro Shell Waterproofness 28,000mm, breathability (RET)<6m2Pa/W