Deuter Women's Backpacks designed specifically for women carry the SL label.
These Deuter Backpacks are modified versions of some of their standard backpacks that take account of differences in physique between men and women, although smaller men may also find them a particularly comfortable fit.
- On average, women's backs are not quite as long as men's. The SL carry system is thus slightly shorter than Deuter's standard rucksacks and so the SL series are also the ideal choice for male users with shorter backs
- To give a perfect anatomic fit around the upper body, the SL shoulder straps are both narrower and shorter in length
- Soft edges to the straps, smaller buckles and narrow tapered strap ends prevent SL shoulder straps from chafing under the arms and eliminate pressure points on the chest
- SL shoulder straps are set closer together to match the narrower shoulder width of the female anatomy and thus prevent slippage
- For the waist belt to deliver a perfect anatomic fit when fastened, it is given a conical shape by angling the belt diagonally upwards and by curving the SL waist belt wings
Deuter Backpacks are designed to fit the average athletic build. However, since not everyone fits the norm, it is likely that women's models will fit many male users perfectly well and vice versa.